My name is Brendan Curran, and I am a recent graduate of the UC-Berkeley School of Information.
I specialize in web development, but I also have lots of experience conducting UX research and running things from the product side.
In my free time, I enjoy hiking in the wilderness, playing the piano and the guitar, and photographing things.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my site! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email.
Radical Fusion Oakland CA
Web Developer Intern
June 2011-September 2011
- Developed iPhone application for dev shop with custom UI classes and light animation.
- Built web applications using Django web framework.
- Employed agile development cycles and scrums to speed product development.
App Dev and Marketing Los Angeles CA
December 2010-August 2011
- Built backend sales portal for an online phone directory using CodeIgniter framework.
- Added and improved architecture for the company's iPhone application, including geolocation improvements and UI updates.
- Identified product objectives and development cycles for new product launch.
Kiva Microfunds San Francisco CA
UX Designer Intern
November 2010-May 2011
- Developed UI for Kiva volunteers’ online instructional guide.
- Conducted contextual inquiries and user testing to improve the tool's usability.
- Employed principles of visual design and information organization to simplify complex concepts.
SeeYourImpact Bellevue WA
September 2009-May 2010
- Managed developer workflows for server side and front end updates to microphilanthropy website.
- Tested site functionality, logged bugs, and assisted with debugging.
- Proposed design and organization improvements to increase giving and site traffic.
Microsoft, Employed by VoltRedmond WA
March 2008-October 2009
- Guided, trained, and supervised a team of five QA testers during the development of an online licensing tool for international markets.
- Co-managed licensing projects, including translation changes and product launches.
- Developed and maintained team SharePoint site to help manage and facilitate Microsoft's licensing agreement refreshes.
University of California-Berkeley, Berkeley CA.
MS, Information Management and Systems. Graduated 2012.
Oberlin College, Oberlin OH.
BA, English and History. Graduated 2004.